Enverge™ Air and Vapor Barrier
Firestone Building Products’ Enverge Air and Vapor Barrier is an asphalt-based, self-sealing wall barrier that provides energy savings and contributes to better air quality for building occupants. According to the manufacturer, this system offers the following advantages:
- Reflective facer provides energy savings
- Self-sealing barrier
- Consistent membrane thickness
- Minimizes drafts and reduces moisture to guard against mold
- Meets or exceeds ASTM D5602, D1876, D903, E283, E96, and E330.
Installation considerations include:
- Surface must be primed with an Enverge primer
- Remove the release liner at a 45° angle in 3” increments to promote correct alignment and installation continuity
- The membrane should be firmly rolled from the center to the outside for maximum adhesion
- Seams should overlap a minimum of 2” for effective coverage
- Self-seals around mechanical fasteners and minimizes air leakage around open gaps; foil flashing tape can also be used to seal penetrations.