16 September 2017 — Global design and BIM software developer Vectorworks, Inc. has announced the English-version release of its 2018 Vectorworks software. The release includes Vectorworks® Architect, Landmark, Spotlight, Designer and Fundamentals, as well as Vision. New this year is BraceworksTM, a structural load analysis add-on module targeted to designers and riggers working on temporary entertainment structures.
This release is the first in the 2018 worldwide rollout, which will include the release of 10 additional localized-language versions.
Some of the highly anticipated additions for Vectorworks 2018 include:
- Multiple drawing views: Use multiple views of a project simultaneously, and begin work in one view pane and finish it in another. Switch effortlessly between viewports, views and visibility settings — simply set up panes and view them all at once. Instantly gauge the impact of a design change across 3D, plan, section and elevation views, and even start a rendering in one view while working in another.
- Direct section and elevation editing: Edit models directly from viewports: add openings, align and distribute windows, reposition doors across multiple layers, reshape walls — it’s all possible. Change the 3D views while in the section to see how edits simultaneously affect plans and model views. And create better-looking, more accurate drawings in a fraction of the time.
For architecture, notable improvements include:
- Improved graphic output for architectural documents: Generate documentation from a BIM file much more efficiently. Improved graphic controls within section views of wall joins and wall, or slab and roof components provides the flexibility to quickly achieve high-quality documentation from a 3D model.
- Robust wall modeling options: Control individual component heights by instance, attach information to them, insert component caps and simultaneously edit multiple selected components from an easy-to-use dialog box. Plus, swiftly make wall graphic display changes with the new ability to switch all attributes by class.
- Easier title block customization: Customize items such as variables and orientation, choose from an unlimited set of information to include in a title block, and use styles to more simply manage many title blocks across one or multiple projects.
For landscape design, important updates include:
- Direct site model contour editing: Edit a site model easier than ever with improved site model settings and direct 2D contour editing. Modify each contour line as easily as editing a polyline.
- New import/export tree survey options: Generate existing site conditions from GIS and tree survey data without the need for external tools. Just use geolocated tree species data to create existing tree objects and export back to clients via Shapefile (SHP), TXT and DXF formats.
To learn more about Vectorworks 2018, visit vectorworks.net/2018 or follow #Vectorworks2018 on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.