Trelligence, Inc. announced the new Trelligence Affinity™ 8 software release. Recognized as the leading AEC solution for architectural programming, schematic design, and design validation, Trelligence continues to expand the functionality in Affinity software and available add-ons to deliver a full-service BIM tool.
Affinity integrates with other prominent BIM tools – Autodesk® Revit® Architecture, Bentley® AECOsim Building Designer, Graphisoft® ArchiCAD, Trimble® SketchUp, and IES VE – to enhance the project lifecycle, providing a seamless transition from the initial planning and programming phases of a building project, through to the final design and building construction.
The Affinity 8 release introduces new licensing flexibility, enabling firms to expand their use of Affinity across a broader base of users, at a lower per-seat cost, by providing end users with just the functionality they need to perform their work. Customers can supplement the full Affinity Software Suite with role-specific product modules, including Affinity Programming, Affinity Design, and Affinity Design Validation.
In addition, the following new modules are available as options with Affinity 8:
Affinity Manufacturers: This new Affinity add-on enables project teams to manage comprehensive component Manufacturer information within Affinity, replacing the need for an external database.
Affinity Cloud Bridge: Cloud Bridge provides access to real-time project information via any web browser, on any device.
Affinity Viewer: The new Affinity Viewer enables clients, 3rd party consultants, and casual users to browse and access read-only information and reports in an Affinity project.
Affinity 8 also significantly expands and enhances the bi-directional integration with Autodesk Revit Architecture. The new features include:
- Bi-directional integration with Revit 2014 (in addition to Revit 2013 and 2012)
- Revamped user interface with improved usability, performance, and ease of use
- Dynamic display of the Program hierarchy within Revit with real-time program-to-actual difference feedback
- Drag-and-Drop room & contents into Revit directly from the Affinity Program toolbar
- Populate entire room layouts in Revit directly from the Affinity Program toolbar
- Improved conceptual massing tools – ability to map room and building envelope masses to/from Affinity
- Automatically stack program departments and rooms into building envelope mass as room masses
- Directly select and run Affinity reports within Revit
- Embed Revit views into Affinity reports (e.g. Room Data Sheets)
- Run Affinity template scripts & utilities from within Revit
- Direct import/export of CSV or COBie files for Program and/or Design.