RISA Technologies’ RISA-3D
RISA-3D is billed as the most popular structural engineering software in the United States. So, chances are you’ve at least heard of it. If you’re not familiar with the program, the 3D analysis/design software is packed with the most current steel, concrete, cold-formed steel, masonry, aluminum and timber design codes. It gives users the tools to tackle multi-material projects with confidence. RISA-3D also integrates seamlessly with RISAFloor and RISAFoundation, including links to top detailing, drafting, and BIM packages for a complete building design solution.
Among the latest updates to RISA-3D relating to masonry design are the following:
• ACI 530-11 code, both ASD and Strength
• Cracked moment of inertia for stiffness and deflections
• Effective height factor (K) for compression capacity calcs
• More detailed reporting than previous versions
• NCMA tables for net area, as an alternative to equivalent solid thickness
Additionally, the developer already is working on implementing the ACI 530-13 code (both ASD and Strength), which will be included in v13 to be released later this year.