MIW ‘Excellence in Masonry’ Award Winners Announced
The Masonry Institute of Washington (MIW) has announced the winners for its Excellence in Masonry awards program. This year, the statewide competition featured more than 70 projects, which were judged on basis of displaying “Excellence” in design, constructability and workmanship.
The MIW says these projects now are being forwarded for national awards, solidifying the Northwest as one of the most innovative, creative and best craft representations of masonry anywhere in the country. The following are the top winners in each of the categories:
- Commercial under $250,000 – Project name: Clarius Building. Architects: McGranahan Architects. Mason contractor: Keystone Masonry
- Commercial from $250,000 to $1 million – Project name: Columbia City Lives Above. Architect: Arellano/Christofides Architects. Mason contractor: Wards Masonry.
- Commercial over $1 million – Project name: Washington Square. Architect: Collins Woerman. Mason contractor: Fairweather Masonry.
- Government/Institutional – Project name: Wenatchee Valley College. Architect: Integrus Architects, PS. Mason contractor: JEI Masonry.
- Restoration – Project name: Lincoln High School. Architect: DLR Group. Mason contractor: Keystone Masonry.
- Residential – Project name: Selah Residence. Architect: Stuart Silk Architects. Mason contractor: Aden Masonry.
- People’s Choice Award – Project name: Uptown Gig Harbor. Architect: HHJ Architects. Mason contractor: Keystone Masonry.
- Judges Choice Award – Project name: Washington Square. Architect: Collins Woerman. Mason contractor: Fairweather Masonry.
To learn more, visit the MIW’s website at www.masonryinstitute.com. MD