Firestone Building Products Company LLC, a manufacturer and supplier of high-performing building product solutions, featured its newest formulation of polyiso insulation at the AIA Conference on Architecture April 27-29, 2017, in Orlando, Florida.
The new formulation is equipped with the highest R-value per-inch in cold temperatures. Firestone polyiso outperforms mineral wool and competing polyiso boards, and offers architects a sustainable building solution. Benefits include:
- Polyiso is more environmentally friendly than mineral wool, requiring 85 percent less embodied energy to manufacture. Polyiso can also be recycled and reused on reroofing applications, while mineral wool cannot.
- Polyiso has a Global Warming Potential (GWP) that is 3.5 times lower than mineral wool.
- Polyiso is eligible for LEED V4 credits in categories including energy and atmosphere, and materials and resources.
- Competing polyiso boards require an additional 0.25 inch to meet an R25 value at 40 degrees Fahrenheit. This means fewer inches of the product are required to consider when designing the building envelope.
- Outperforms the industry standard by up to 18 percent.*
The Firestone polyiso offering includes ISO 95+™ GL Insulation, RESISTA™ Insulation and ISOGARD™ HD Cover Board.
For more information, visit Firestone Building Products’ website.