Keene Building’s Driwall Rainscreen system is a drainage mat for exterior wall systems. The entangled net product eliminates incidental moisture problems in most exterior veneer applications, including thin stone or brick, manufactured stone, and stone and brick masonry.
Driwall Rainscreen is produced from an extruded polymer matrix of tangled monofilaments. The three-dimensional mat is heat-laminated to a non-woven lightweight, breathable fabric to provide a separation from cementitious sidings. The monofilaments are heat-welded at the junctions to form a structure that spaces exterior veneer away from the inner sheathing.
Features and benefits of the system, according to Keene, include the following:
- Drainage of excess moisture and ventilation in one product
- Lightweight and easy to handle
- Simple installation with mechanical staple hammer
- Polymer core resistant to most known corrosive chemicals, including solvents
- Wide rolls for fewer seams
- Core absorbs and releases no moisture
- Provides no source for the promotion of mold, mildew or bacteria.