Project managers have been named for the four major project areas of Phase II of the Building Information Modeling for Masonry (BIM-M) Initiative, which will be implementing the roadmap developed in Phase I. These project managers are experts in the field of masonry design and construction.
The projects and managers include:
1. Masonry Unit Model Definition, Manager Jeff Elder, Interstate Brick, West Jordan, Utah
2. Masonry BIM Benchmark, Manager David Biggs, Biggs Consulting Engineering, Troy, N.Y.
3. Masonry Wall Model Definition, Manager Jamie Davis, Ryan-Biggs Assoc., Skaneateles, N.Y.
- Structural Modeling Group, Manager Tomas Amor, Target Corp., Minneapolis, Minn.
- Architectural Modeling Group, Manager Maria Viteri, International Masonry Inst., Annapolis, Md.
4. BIM Contractor Input, Manager Darrell McMillian, Masonry Institute of St. Louis, in Mo.
- Contractor Education, Manager David Biggs, Biggs Consulting Engineering, Troy, N.Y.
These four projects will position masonry products, systems and delivery in a way that BIM software developers can implement the data into software packages.
BIM-M is an international initiative by the masonry industries of the United States and Canada that was created in 2012 to develop cutting edge software for use by architects, engineers, contractors, suppliers and masons. The purpose is to improve the design and construction of masonry buildings in North America.
For further information on the roadmap and/or National BIM-M Initiative, contact David Biggs at email@example.com.